Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Professor Wachanga was showing us pictures on his power point the other day in class and I just wanted to give my opinion on one of them. The picture of the little girl being stalked by a vulture really made me think. If I took this picture, would I have just walked away and do what I was being paid to do like the photographer did, or would I have helped her to get to her destination? I think I would have tried to help her out in some way. And even when they pointed out that what if there were a thousand little kids out there starving? Would I try to help all of them? Well no but if the red cross center was behind those bushes in the background, I would make sure that they knew there were thousands of starving kids being stalked by vultures. I read some more on Kevin Carter and a lot of his friends talked about the emotional toll his job was having on him. Something like this probably pushed him over the edge, but even if he would have helped the little girl out, would he still have committed suicide? Maybe, maybe not.

No comments: